This product was developed for Gordon the bulldog. He had very bad skin issues and he needed only the best in food and nutritional support to help his body combat the skin problems that he had.
Dry kibble is generally lacking in nutrients that are essential for health and Matt and Dave wanted to create a supplement that would be simple and easy to administer and fill in the blanks for all of the missing pieces of the nutrition puzzle, so to speak. They created this supplement, combined it with CBD and managed to create a product that not only worked, but it can also contribute to longer lives in our beloved dogs.
While it was made and formulated for Gordon, it’s perfect for all of our InnovetPet family and we are excited to share this formulation of Advanced Multivitamins with you and your pets
What Are The Advanced Multivitamin Chews?
The importance of solid nutrition can NOT be overstated. Proper intake and balance of a large array of nutrients is the key to long-lasting health.
Our ingredients are all backed by solid scientific research and are all-natural, containing no artificial flavors or preservatives.
They are produced in the United States, come in BPA-free packaging, and are totally environmentally-friendly, with no harsh chemicals used at any point during the process.
They taste great, with a natural bacon flavor your dog will be excited to eat every day!
They are also grain-free for dogs with allergies and with our 6-in1 formula, your dog gets the immense benefits.
They contain over 20 essential vitamins and minerals as well as omega-3,omega-6, and omega-9 fatty acids from krill oil, prebiotics and probiotics, and digestive enzymes.
Our vitamins are chock-full of antioxidants, molecules that fight free radicals (untethered electrons) in the body that can destroy cells and tissue and cause rapid physical aging and disease.
All of our ingredients are safe and effective. They are all pure and of the highest quality possible.
What Are Hemp and CBD?
There is some misinformation floating around about what CBD is, so you may be hesitant to give anything including hemp ingredients to your dog.
CBD is NOT marijuana. Hemp and marijuana are related but hemp does not contain significant concentrations of THC, the ingredient in marijuana that induces a high.
Many people and their animals enjoy a boost in energy and feelings of overall wellness when they begin using CBD.
How Do Multivitamins Help My Dog?
Some of these nutrients are not found in adequate amounts in food, and his body can not store enough of them to quickly make up a deficit. A varied, well-rounded diet can provide most of what he needs, but what if your dog is picky, or has food allergies that limit his intake?
Our Advanced Multivitamin soft chews for dogs can help!
Vitamins are essential micronutrients your dog’s body can not create itself (or can not synthesize in large enough quantities to sustain life). He must get it from his environment, with the most common source being food.
There are 13 essential vitamins, and they each provide a unique set of benefits to his body:
- Vitamin A helps the body form and maintain healthy teeth, bones, and skin. It also contributes to healthy eyesight and reproduction, as well as being the defining factor in how well his internal organs function.
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine) enables his body to use carbohydrates as energy and is essential for proper nerve and muscle function. Thiamine deficiency can cause permanent loss of memory and muscle tone.
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) breaks down the energy stored in the macronutrients that you eat (carbohydrates, proteins, and fats) and allows the body to effectively carry oxygen in the blood.
- Vitamin B3 (niacin) is necessary for the function of every single part of his body. It is a major component in the two crucial coenzymes involved in cellular metabolism.
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid) is necessary for making red blood cells, sex hormones, and stress-relief hormones. It is also a body-wide anti-inflammatory.
- Vitamin B6 helps his body create neurotransmitters, which are the messengers that carry instructions from his brain to the rest of his body.
- Vitamin B7 (biotin) aids in the maintenance of mucous membranes (which are essential for breathing and digestion) and liver metabolism (which keeps toxic substances from building up in your body).
- Vitamin B9 (folate, or folic acid) assists in the formation of new proteins like DNA and RNA. Higher levels of folate are recommended during pregnancy because it allows the fetus to develop red blood cells and eliminates some of the risks of neural tube defects.
- Vitamin B12 (cobalamin) is actually stored by the body and deficiencies are extremely rare. Nerve function depends on B12; without it, his risk of developing dementia and neurodegenerative diseases sharply increases.
- Vitamin C is necessary for muscle growth and repair, iron absorption, and wound healing, among other things. It is a powerful antioxidant that boosts his immune system’s ability to create white blood cells (the boots-on-the-ground defense against infection).
- Vitamin D works with calcium and phosphorus to keep his bones strong and healthy. While it is available in small amounts from food, his body can make vitamin D when his skin absorbs direct sunlight.
- Vitamin E deficiency can cause severe, recurrent, irreversible nerve pain and damage, so it is best to make sure his body gets all it needs. A highly potent antioxidant, vitamin E is also important to reproduction function, vision, and the creation of blood fluids.
- Vitamin K is responsible for appropriate blood clotting in his body, as well as promoting good heart and brain health. Human babies are usually given a shot of vitamin K at birth to eliminate the risk of internal bleeding.
There are also a number of micronutrients present in our formula. Trace minerals help your dog’s body perform many important functions, like regulating bone growth, stimulating hormone production, ensuring fluid and electrolyte balance, and help prevent chronic illness.
In addition to the major vitamins, our Advanced Multivitamin Chews contain many of the essential minerals your dog needs to function, including:
- Iron is part of the hemoglobin molecule, which enables your dog’s red blood cells to carry oxygen from his lungs to the rest of his body.
- Manganese helps metabolize cholesterol and allows his body to use vitamins C and E.
- Copper is found in every tissue in your dog’s body. It maintains nerve cells and helps his body form collagen.
- Iodine is the base of most thyroid hormones, which controls your dog’s metabolism and reproductive health.
- Phosphorus is the most abundant mineral in cell membranes and it is essential for energy and metabolism.
- Calcium not only makes for healthy bones but also is required for your dog’s blood to clot and for all muscle contractions including heartbeats.
- Choline helps your dog’s brain regulate his memory and mood.
- Potassium regulates blood pressure and can protect against stroke.
How To Spot A Deficiency In Your Dog
Vitamin deficiencies can present as a wide variety of non-specific symptoms and can be life-threatening.
Things to watch for include:
- Dry skin
- Dry eyes
- Frequent infections
- Poor wound healing time
- Constant skin irritations like acne or ingrown hairs
- Brittle nails and paw pads
- Mouth ulcers or cracks, bleeding gums
- Patchy hair loss not due to flea or tick infestations
Many times a blood test is the only way to accurately detect a nutritional imbalance. Talk to your pet care team. Mention your concerns and any symptoms you see your dog displaying.
Your veterinarian can test for one vitamin in particular or he can do a complete blood panel to test for deficiencies in any area. It is also a wise idea to run your dog’s iron count and complete blood count (CBC) as well.
If he finds your dog is experiencing low vitamin and mineral intake or is not able to use them properly, he may suggest a multivitamin as the first step to solving the problem.
All of these essential nutrients and more are found in a high-quality multivitamin like Advanced Multivitamin Chews.
It is hard to remember to do everything you already have on your plate, and adding new to-do list items feels impossible sometimes. You’re busy and we know it, which is why we made using Advanced Multivitamin Chews as easy as possible. Simply drop a couple of chews into your hand and feed them to your dog! That’s it!
Our Advanced Multivitamin Chews are suitable for any age, from puppies to seniors, and are especially useful for pregnant or nursing mothers. Dosing is calculated by weight- up to three chews a day- so you can be sure your dog is getting the perfect amount of every nutrient he needs.
We care about your dog as much as you do and we strive to make quality products available to everyone at an affordable price. We also want your life to be easier because of our products and for your pet to have access to the products too. We just know that once you try them, both you and your dog are going to be very pleased and very healthy too.