Why is Stat! Syringe a Must for All Dogs. First Aid Tools: Why You Need It
Every experienced dog owner, irrespective to the breed of dog, must have been faced with an emergency situation where inducing vomiting might have been required to save your fur friend. Most owners realize that after a life-threatening experience, had they wished that the STAT!Syringe vomit inducer was readily available in their emergency first aid kit. Accidental ingestion of toxic substances, food or chemicals by dogs are not uncommon due to inadvertent exposure to such substances. According to statistics, instances of pre-mature death in dogs each year have been increasing due to consumption of toxic substances.
When Your Dog Consumes Something Toxic
The most common cases are caused by food-poisoning or acute indigestion in dogs due to ignorance of the owner where intake of pesticide, rat poison, liquid detergent, chocolate, and antifreeze or prescription pills are present. Inducing vomiting is an immediate must when poisoning is present and can serve as a life-saving measure.
In life-threatening situations, every minute counts. It is best to induce vomiting as soon as possible once your dog has consumed any toxic elements such as pesticides, chemical adhesives, salt, yeast dough, etc. There are many particular foods and beverages that may be suitable for humans but can be dangerous to your dogs.
Below is a list of consumables that may induce food-poisoning once consumed and should be wary of:
- Prescription drugs with schedules
- Alcohol, Beer, Coffee drinks and grounds, Cocktails etc.
- Apple seeds, Pits of Apricots, Cherries, Peaches and Raisins, Grapes etc.
- Potato leaves and stems, Mushrooms, Tomato leaves and stems, Garlic, Onions, Rhubarb Leaves
- Nuts such as Walnuts, Macadamia, Hickory etc. including Peanuts. The moulds that grow on nuts can contain a deadly toxin produced by organisms and fungi.
- Chocolate, gum, xylitol is also extremely poisonous for dogs
- All pesticides, fertilizers, herbicides and insecticides like organophosphates etc. Eating or licking plants sprayed with insecticides etc. is as dangerous as ingesting the substances.
- Household cleaning fluids and disinfectants
Some Common Symptoms of Poisoning in Dogs
- Weakness, vomiting, seizures
- Nausea, drooling, diarrhoea, seizures
- For serious degrees of prolonged poisoning after ingestion occurs, a coma can arise
- Inducing vomiting in the case of ingestion of toxic substances is the only measure to take in such a case. Having Stat! Syringe readily available in your dog’s first aid kit at home and in the car is the safest measure to save their life.
- With Innovet’s Stat Syringe, produced with absolute quality and easy-to-use, you can take immediate and appropriate action to induce vomiting by administering the proper dose of hydrogen peroxide (3%) in situations where poisoning is present.
- Innovet Stat Syringe is the most Safest and Effective product for inducing vomiting. You’ve got nothing to lose by having STAT Syringe ready when you least expect it in a life-threatening situation.