Dogs are our closest friends, our companions, and even part of our families. We want to make sure they have the best of everything from cozy beds to gourmet foods. Unfortunately, having our furry friends living in our homes increases their exposure to the toxic substances and chemicals we use in our everyday lives. How do we deal when our beloved pets ingest something poisonous?
When you discover your dog has ingested something they should not have, ensure they receive the best of care by calling an experienced veterinarian. Whether you call your own vet or the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center, have someone there to help talk you through this terrifying time.
It is always best to be prepared for the worst of emergencies. The most common treatment for poisoning in dogs is to induce vomiting with 3% hydrogen peroxide. To reduce the amount of time a toxin remains in your dog's system, keep a poison prevention kit on hand to assist you in this task. Stat!Syringes are designed to accurately measure out the amount of hydrogen peroxide your dog needs based on weight without having to calculate doses or convert milliliters to teaspoons. Contact us if you have any questions to make sure you feel confident in the use of Stat!Syringe to induce vomiting in dogs.
Illnesses and trips to the vet are very stressful for both you and your dog. In an emergency, this is extremely frightening. Take a deep breath and stay calm! Write down the instructions your vet gives and read them aloud as you are treating your pet. If you need to head into the emergency clinic, remember to drive safely and smoothly to keep your pet's stress level low. The calmer you are, the safer your dog feels. You can relax in knowing that you are in the best of hands with your vet and Stat!Syringe to help you.
For more information on STAT!Syringe click here.