Insect Control Leave In Conditioner / Lotion
This natural flea control comes in the form of a leave-in conditioner that contains food-grade diatomaceous powder, lemongrass, and neem oil. The application of this product is very easy; simply rub on your hands and rub into your pets coat from head to tail.
A leave in conditioner is most effective when applied after bathing. There is absolutely no greasy toxic mess left behind after the application and with the powerful lemon grass oil, the product leaves behind a nice soft lemon scent that is quite pleasant to the nose.
How it Works:The lemongrass and neem act immediately to repel fleas and many other insects. The food-grade diatomaceous earth also begins to take effect as soon as it is applied and continues to work 3 to 5 days after application. All the fleas that come into contact with it in the course of this time die from dehydration.These algae shells (diatoms) wreak havoc on the exoskeleton of fleas. Diatomaceous earth kills by physical action, not chemical. It is safe for pets and people. The tiny diatoms scratch off the insect's waxy coating that surrounds their exoskeleton. This destroys the ability of the flea to retain water. Approximately 24 hours after coming into contact with the powder, the flea will die from dehydration.
Features and Benefits:
- Kills and prevents fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes
- Fresh-scented leave-in conditioner-
- Safe for use around pets and children
- Simply rub into hands and wipe down your pet's fur
- Perfect to use before walks and hiking
- Each 8oz bottle contains 240 pumps of BioPel
- Use 2 pumps every 4 days for small pets
- Use 4 pumps every 4 days for medium pets
- Use 6 pumps every 4 days for large dogs
The application of this product is very easy: simply rub it on your hands and rub into your pet's coat from head to tail.
A leave-in conditioner is most effective when applied after bathing. There is absolutely no greasy toxic mess left behind after the application. The powerful lemongrass oil causes the product to leave behind a nice, soft lemon scent that is quite pleasant to the nose.
What are the active ingredients?
- Lemongrass Oil: Certified by the EPA as a proven natural flea killer and insect repellant. It has a fresh scent with strong insecticide qualities.
- Neem Oil: This natural oil is a proven flea killer.
- Diatomaceous Earth (food grade): The mode of action of this natural flea control is mechanical rather than chemical. Once the leave-in conditioner is rubbed on the dog’s body, the fossilized shells of ancient algae (referred to as diatoms) wreak havoc on the flea’s exoskeleton. This food-grade should not be confused with "pool-grade," which can cause itching and be damaging if inhaled.