Medicine in the 21st century is facing a dilemma and it’s something that we haven’t dealt with before. We are way overprescribed and so are our pets. For us humans, it’s easier to see the problems it’s causing, from opiate addictions to our overabundance of antibiotics creating the threat of a super gem. But our pets are facing their own over prescription issues as well.
It’s understandable, we want the best for our pets’ health, but unfortunately both we and our vets are giving our fur-family members too many different and potentially dangerous medications, and we are just now only seeing the negative repercussions. Luckily, more and more researchers are shifting their attention from regular prescriptions drugs to a very special molecule that’s been showing incredible results for health.
That molecule is found in phytocannabinoid rich (PCR) hemp and it’s been helping humans for ages, but today pet owners are finding out that PCR hemp oil can improve their pet’s health in all the same ways.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. CBD Does Not Cause a Psychoactive Reaction
2. How PCR Hemp Oil Works can Improve Pet Health
3. The Benefits that PCR Hemp Oil Offers
4. How Fast Does Hemp Oil Work
5. Be careful About Safety Measures
6. Where to find the best PCR Hemp Oil?
CBD Does Not Cause a Psychoactive Reaction
There are hundreds of cannabinoids found in both plants (phytocannabinoids - PCR) and animals (endocannabinoids) and this includes hemp, but don’t let the name trick you, the majority of cannabinoids don’t cause a high.
Actually, only one does:
- THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) is also a phytocannabinoid found in cannabis, and is responsible for the high one gets when smoking marijuana.
- PCR Hemp oil derived from hemp will not contain notable traces of THC; as such it’s legal and safe to give to your pets.
- Hemp Oil in very high doses can cause some sedation effects, but this is not to be confused with the sedation effects marijuana causes.
- As well, most pets will not require such high doses and will most likely see a boost in energy.
How PCR Hemp Oil Works can Improve Pet Health
Locked away in hemp plants are a plethora of chemical properties known as phytocannabinoids, flavonoids, terpenes, and terpenoids and they all work together to create an entourage effect that provides a wealth of therapeutic benefits.
- These chemical compounds activate and promote the Endocannabinoid system, which is found in all organisms.
- This system plays a vital role in regulating a variety of physiological and cognitive functions including appetite, immune system response, pain, and memory just to name a few.
- Furthermore, Hemp itself attaches to other receptors found in the body, that when activated reduces inflammation, anxiety, and pain.
The Benefits that PCR Hemp Oil Offers
- Hemp can be used for both preventative measures and for targeting specific chronic issues.
- Many owners give hemp to their pets recovering from surgery as it helps with inflammation, stiffness, pain, and recovery time.
- Furthermore, hemp has been shown to help regulate insulin and can prevent and treat diabetes, which is known as a silent disease in pets.
- Hemp may allow you to lower the dosages of drugs that become dangerous in high amounts.
- Prescription medication, especially ones for epilepsy are notorious for their side effects; Hemp oil’s only side effect is it may affect absorption of RX drugs. That’s it.
How Fast Does Hemp Oil Work
The speed that hemp works will depend on the medical condition it’s given for. It will have an almost immediate effect on mood-related issues such as anxiety. However, for issues such as inflammation, you may not see the full effects until after a couple of doses.
Be careful About Safety Measures
- PCR Hemp can be derived from both hemp and cannabis. While THC is non-toxic to us, dogs are much more sensitive to it. With PCR Hemp Oil derived from hemp, you won’t have to worry about that pesky THC.
- On rare occasions, there could be a mild adverse reaction, but this is usually due to the hemp being derived from a poor quality source and not the hemp itself.
- Always ask your vet first because remember, the one real negative side effect of hemp oil is its ability to potentially affect the absorption of other drugs.
Where to find the best PCR Hemp Oil?
The real risk of hemp oil is buying it from a company that’s lies about their source and purposely misleads their customers. The fast way to know whether you’re buying high-quality PCR Hemp Oil is to check their customers’ reviews, as well feel free to always message the company and ask for a quality report. Innovetpet is a great site to check out as their website is fantastically transparent and they make sure you know all the facts. They also have a blog, which is great if you want more info on hemp.
For more information on Hemp Oil, click here!