Formulated for Gordon, this shampoo and conditioner combination was developed to ease angry skin and also to make bathtime faster. Dogs typically don’t enjoy bath time and Gordon was no different. This formula is made to be the shampoo, conditioner, and detangler, all in one bottle. It cuts the time to bathe your dog, lowering the stress on them and you too.
It smells delicious but it isn’t meant to eat -- although if your dog does lick it, it won’t hurt a thing. It’s all-natural and the active ingredients are nature’s best skin remedies that can be found. Oatmeal is soothing, relieves itching and dry skin, which were two issues Gordon chronically dealt with. Honey is nature’s antiseptic. It’s got the ability to act as an antibacterial agent and it smells nice too. Honey is often used in human-grade cosmetic products, lip balms, and lotions because of the incredible ability that it has to aid in healing the skin.
Dry, cracked skin is subject to infections which can complicate healing and also create new issues with the body, internally. Using honey in our formula was purposely to give an added layer of protection for your dog. If they have open sores from chewing or bug bites, honey can help clean the wound and protect from infections that might enter the body through the open wound.
Your dog is an important part of your family. We know this because we have pets of our own. We also know how hard it is to maintain a clean household and a healthy pet at the same time. When you have a dog or a cat, they create dander in the house. If they go outside, they are gathering dirt and debris in their fur and bringing that back inside. While some cats are indoor only, most dogs need to go outside to potty and walk/play. That means they are exposed to dirt, bacteria, fungi, and more.
Some dogs have allergy issues that contribute to skin problems that present as dry skin, dull coat, patchy fur, and hotspots that become very problematic. The smell of their fur gets obnoxious and we understood this, having pets of our own. We set out to create a shampoo that would not dry our own dog’s coat and skin. We knew we wanted something that helps to combat the smells at the root cause - bacteria, dirt, infections of the skin, and dry skin and fur that isn’t healthy.
We began looking at each ingredient separately and evaluating what they could add to a perfect formula. This particular shampoo was developed to be antibacterial, antimicrobial, and smell amazing too. It’s going to help boost your pet’s ability to heal on their own by addressing the root causes of skin and smell issues, as well as supplementing their body with the vitamins and nutrients they need to overcome skin issues.
It was also really important to us, in addressing our own dog’s needs, that our products were made with only natural ingredients that come from reliable sources. Choosing only the best, we skin sought the finest sources for the ingredients that would go into our shampoo and conditioner. Our ‘Oatmeal and Honey Shampoo and Conditioner’ is the result of a lot of research. It started with our other Tea Tree Shampoo and we made some changes to that initial formulation so that we could also have a prettier smelling product, perhaps for the female dogs in your life or just for the people who love the smell of honey and oatmeal.
We are delighted with the way it helps our own dogs and we are positive that you’ll love it as much as we do. We want to share it with you because we know that you want the same benefits for your own pets. It’s safe for dogs or cats because there are no harsh synthetic chemicals in it.
What Is Oatmeal and Honey Shampoo and Conditioner?
The title pretty much sums it up but there are other ingredients in it that make it work in amazing ways. Our shampoo was developed to reduce odor, kill bacteria and microbes that are not healthy. It can even help get rid of skin mites on your pet. The ingredients will help to loosen the debris in your dog’s coat and lift it away from the skin. This gets them cleaner, deep down at the skin, where the smells and residues build-up on their skin.
It’s a powerful formula that will leave them smelling clean and fresh, as well as rejuvenated and invigorated. It also acts as a conditioner, loosening tangles that turn into knots that lead to matting and skin tearing. Removing the tangles from your dog’s fur can be a nightmare that requires intervention from a professional groomer. Our shampoo and conditioner can help you save time and money by stopping the issues at home.
Also, you will save time and money shopping for multiple products. Now you can find everything that you need, right in one bottle. No need to wash your dog, rinse and repeat, and then need to apply a conditioner as well. No need to spray your dog with detanglers that are full of chemicals and left on the dog. Our shampoo/conditioner will do the job of all of these products, saving your valuable time and money.
It’s all-natural. Each ingredient was carefully selected based on its history of being a non-irritating ingredient that is plant-based. We’ll go into further details to explain each ingredient and what they do. You’ll be happy with the impressive list of ingredients that differentiate our shampoo and conditioner from other brands. In fact, you’ll see that we have excellent reviews from a lot of pet parents who agree with us, products should be safe and chemical-free.
Ours is a no-tears formula that reduces the irritants that actually cause your dog to itch. Instead of masking odors and acting like a perfume, our formula honestly helps to solve the problems that cause your dog to have an odor, itch, and be uncomfortable, to begin with. We don’t just want them to be clean; we want them to be healthy if we love and care for them, right?
By introducing vitamin support for the skin, and antibacterials directly at the source of things like yeast infections of the skin that may be a result of allergies, your dog gets complete and lasting relief, not just a quick relief that lasts for a day or two. Their body gets a fighting chance by receiving a boost of natural aids in fighting whatever they may have going on at the level of their skin, underneath their fur.
How It Works Is Very Simple
By combining the best natural ingredients that act to defend the skin, nourish the skin, and moisturize the skin, your dog will begin to have a clean, shiny and luxurious coat after the very first use.
Simply wet your dog very thoroughly and work the shampoo and conditioner through their fur, making sure to get it massaged all the way down to the surface of the skin. Continue to work it through the fur well and it will loosen the debris at the level of the skin and lift it up and out of the fur.
The conditioning agents in the formula will help to loosen the debris and shed it from the body of your dog. The products that are part of the formula containing anti-microbial agents, antifungals, and anti-bacterial properties that will immediately go to work on the surface of the skin and just below it. These address any bacteria living on the surface of the skin that can be the causation of hair loss, red patches, dry skin, itching, and most of all - smell.
The ingredients that are antiseptic in nature, such as honey, bring relief to the skin and help to promote healing. The melaleuca, which is the source of tea tree oil, works to invigorate the skin and reduce inflammation, even killing mites on the skin. This also helps to promote healing and gives the body help in reducing the source of the problems. The best part is that it is all done naturally.
There are also ingredients in the bottle that are a source of gentle relief to the skin, such as aloe and the oats. The skin that is irritated and red will begin to feel relief immediately. The itching is dramatically reduced nearly immediately and your dog’s entire body will relax when this happens.
We’ve also added vitamins that are key in assisting the skin to heal and be healthy. This results in shiny fur, thicker coats, less dead hair, and a gorgeous sheen that will have everyone asking you what you’ve done differently for your dog. It’s vet-approved and recommended, Whole Foods as also approved of our formula as a natural product, safe to use.
Our shampoo/conditioner will also detangle your dog’s coat. If you’ve got a long-haired breed, then you know how very important this is and you’ve probably already tried multiple detanglers - the spray-ins, the rinses, and the type you work into the coat and leave in. Is it full of chemicals? And you are leaving it on your dog? That was not good enough for our own dogs and we suspect that you don’t think it is the best choice for your pet either.
So What’s In It That Makes It Work So Well?
We’ve already mentioned a few of the things that are in our shampoo and conditioner. We’d like to go further into detail so that you are fully educated on the product. It’s important to use that our consumers are well-informed and that we are transparent.
We’re proud of every ingredient that goes into all of our products. We feel that we’ve made the absolute best choices for our pets over the years. It all started with Maximus. He was a dog that went through an awful lot and his health was challenged many times. We knew that we needed better options for Maximus and we set out to create products to help him in his fight with cancer.
Maximus not only had cancer diagnosed once, but he also fought it again, and he won both times. Maximus lived to be sixteen-years-old which is old for any breed of dog. We just know that it was because we addressed his needs as naturally as possible, supplemented him with natural ingredients and formulated things especially for him.
As a company, our goal is to create a relationship with our consumers that is built upon trust and products that do what we say they will. We’re confident that you’ll love this shampoo and that it will help your dog experience more comfort and relief from itching. We know that you’ll love the smell and when you realize your dog isn’t scratching all of the time, you’re going to love that too.
We leave you with our complete ingredient list.
- Tea tree oil -This is also Melaleuca alternifolia on our labeling. In human products, it is an anti-microbial and anti-bacterial that is used in the cosmetic industry and in shampoos and similar products. It not only kills bacteria living on the skin, but it can also reduce the irritations that result from their presence. Scratching and itching make your dog very miserable and this was a big focus on the product.
- Aloe - This has been used for centuries by cultures all over the planet. Coming from the aloe vera plant, it is used to treat burns of all sorts, especially sunburns and rashes. It also is an anti-inflammatory. It’s full of vitamins A and C, contains antioxidants, and it also has beneficial enzymes in it. It can also be used as an exfoliate, ridding the dog of dead skin cells, reinvigorating the skin and coat.
- B6 - When your dog is B6 deficient, he’ll probably have skin ailments. B6 is important to skin development in young animals and for aging pets, it is important for the maintenance of the skin. Your dog will look healthy and clean.
- Honey - Known as nature’s best antiseptic, the Native Americans have used it for centuries to help heal wounds. It works wonders on dry skin and dandruff, promotes the healing of cuts, blisters, hotspots and more. Nourishes the skin and helps to exfoliate the skin and rid it of toxins, debris, and dirt.
- Oatmeal - Oats contain saponins, which are natural cleansers. They are wonderful for the skin and make oatmeal have a soothing quality that reduces the heat of inflammation and eases irritation and pain. It also helps to soothe skin allergies, helping to diminish constant itching.
- Water - The first ingredient on the label is the most healthy and wholesome, instead of using chemicals to suspend all of our ingredients in, water is the main ingredient from which we start.
- Lauryl Glucoside - It’s made from coconut and the glucose comes from corn. It’s a natural suspension fluid that is common in cosmetics, used to keep the ingredients dispersed evenly throughout the liquid.
- Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate - A plant-derived surfactant and also serves as an emulsifier. A surfactant works by stabilizing the mixture, helping to keep ingredients mixed together evenly and reducing the risk of the settling of certain ingredients that may be heavier than others.
- Glyceryl Oleate - Called a re-fatting agent or an emollient. It adds important fats back to the skin which are depleted from over-shampooing. The natural oils that are produced by the glands in the skin are stripped from the skin and fur when we bathe our pets and it is important to replace this or the fur becomes dry and brittle. This product is often added to skin and hair care products, allowing them to provide more nutrients to the skin.
- Phenethyl Alcohol - A natural plant-based product that is used to add fragrance and it occurs naturally in our environment. It can be found in some foods, even in beer that we drink.
- PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate - This adds viscosity in cosmetics. It’s often added to products made for acne and is considered safe. It is derived from plants for our purposes.
- Caprylhydroxamic Acid - It comes from coconut oil. This is a naturally occurring amino acid that plays an important role in the rejuvenation of the skin. It also can slow the growth of mold, and takes the place of parabens, as preservatives, in our products to ensure that they stay fresh and safe.
- Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract - This is the oat extract. It is taken directly from oats, a plant-based product.
- ProVitamin B5 - Also known as Panthenol, is a vitamin that is soluble in water. It’s considered to be very gentle. It penetrates the skin very deeply and helps to hydrate, moisturize and help promote healing by encouraging the body through supplementation. It can help support collagen production and elastin production as well, which helps to protect the skin.
- PEG-5 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides - Part of the conditioning agents in our shampoo, this is a common acid that is added to shampoos and conditioners. It is safe to use on damaged skin, torn skin and dry skin. It’s very mild and non-irritating.
- Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate - Derived from naturally occurring amino acids, it is used as a cleanser, specifically for sensitive skin. This makes it a fantastic addition to our shampoo to promote the body’s ability to repair damage and to not hurt the animal in any way.
Other ingredients include:
- Sodium - This is simply salt and it acts as a scrub/exfoliator as well as drawing toxins from the skin.
- Lauroyl Oat Amino Acids - Amino acids play an important role in rebuilding tissue. They are proteins and essential to all living things. When skin is replaced by new, healthy skin cells, it is the amino acids that are to thank.
- Argania - It is a natural acid that helps to reduce wrinkles, heal scars, and benefit the skin overall. It helps to improve elasticity of the skin which is important to skin health.
- Spinosa Kernel (ORGANIC) Argan Oil - It’s an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial that also promotes healing and scar tissue healing. It works to maintain healthy skin.
- Hydrolysed Rice Protein - It’s a rich amino acid that is exceptionally beneficial to hair and skin, while also being quite mild. Those with sensitivities are rarely bothered by this ingredient. We chose it for this specific reason.
- Citric Acid - This is used primarily to slough off old, dead skin cells. It’s used in human-grade cosmetic products and met our demand for a natural ingredient to do the same job on pets.