So you've heard of the wonderful benefits of Innovet's CBD Products for Pets. Whether it is for cats and dogs who are suffering with anything from anxiety to cancer, Phytocannabinoid Rich (PCR) Hemp oil has studies showing promising results to drastically improve their lives.
But what about the picky eaters? We're looking at you, cats. Or what about the pets who are nervous of anything that smells new? Don't worry, we have you covered.
With these five tips, helping your pet's health and happiness has never been easier.
- Perhaps the easiest way to give pet hemp oil to dogs, is dropping it straight into their mouths. Just use the dropper and gently wiggle it between their gums towards the back of the mouth. When they open their mouth, you can drop it straight in. This works especially well with large dogs who need most of the dropper for a dosage because you can simply squeeze the dropper.
- This method is perfect for cats or dogs who require small dosages. All you need is their favorite, stinkiest treat. Depending on the size of the treat, squeeze 1-3 drops onto it and turn the treat upside down (careful not to get the oil on your hands). Rather than smell the oil, your pet will focus on the treat and gobble it up before they even know it's there. This is a great method to get them used to the taste as well as giving them hemp oil easier in the future.
- If your cat and dog's treats are more of the cookie or dehydrated sort, you don't need to flip the treat over to give it to them. Just make sure it's a treat they can't resist, squeeze the dosage onto it, and let it soak in for a few seconds. This will hide the texture of the oil:texture is often a large factor in cats rejecting anything new.
- Alternatively, you can mix hemp oil into a delicious treat like peanut butter for your dog. Just mix the dosage in and give the peanut butter as you normally would whether that's in a toy or off the spoon. Hemp takes thirty minutes to an hour to kick in, so letting your dog work on cleaning up the peanut butter will keep him happily occupied as the oil begins to work its magic.
- Mix it into your pet's favorite food. Whether this is just an attempt to get them to eat it or you've been going through the options above with great success, mixing the oil into your pet's meals can be the easiest way to
give it to them. I recommend starting with a smaller dose and working your way up to the full dosage over a couple of meals so the bitterness doesn't stand out to them. This option allows the oil to either soak into a few pieces of kibble or mix right in with their wet food, so your pet won't even know they're being given the supplement. All they'll know is how good they feel.