Between April 11th’s celebration of National Pet Day to the entire month, itself, celebrating canine fitness, many pet parents across the world have been going above and beyond for their pets.
While that couldn’t be more wonderful to see, it’s time for parents to give back to themselves! And wouldn’t you know it, April has another holiday where we celebrate having pets. Only this time, the day is dedicated to you!
Happy Pet Parents Day!
Join us as we celebrate you and other wonderful pet parents around the world with some fun facts, ways you can pamper yourself, and why having a pet is like nothing else in this world.
About National Pet Parents Day
Started as a day to recognize all the amazing pet parents that work incredibly hard to provide their pets with a wonderful life!
Facts About The Holiday And Pet Ownership
- It is projected that people in the USA will spend close to $109.6 billion on their pets in 2022.
- 70% of homes in the United States own a pet.
- Of households with a pet, dogs still remain the most popular pet, but cats aren’t far behind. Freshwater fish are the third most popular.
- Pet adoptions increased under the COVID-19 pandemic, with nearly one in three (30 percent) of Americans adopting a pet by October 2020 alone.
“Such short little lives our pets have to spend with us, and they spend most of it waiting for us to come home each day. It is amazing how much love and laughter they bring into our lives and even how much closer we become with each other because of them.” - John Grogan
Reasons Why It’s Great Being A Pet Parent
- They Always Support Us — Whether you’re feeling down or need a best bud to hang out with, our pets are always chomping at the bit to be there for us. Research shows pet owners live healthier lives both mentally and physically.
- Unconditional Love — Life has sure been uncertain lately, but one thing that isn’t is our pet’s love for us. Quick to forgive, turns a blind eye to our less-than-great moments, and is always ready to love us with no ill will. The love our pets have for us is truly one of a kind.
- Endless Joy & Entertainment — From their comical antics to when they come running to us when we come home, our pets fill our hours with laughter and joy. They can turn a dull night into a rip-roaring good night or can be the cuddle buddy you’re looking for on movie night.
- They Make A Home A Home — Once you’ve had a pet, a new place never feels quite right until there is a pet in it. They just help a new house settle in, making it yours…well mostly.
- Lasting Memories — Our pets spend so much time with us, and for most, we are their everything. They are often there with us on big life events, and their personalities have the habit of creating exciting moments out of what would otherwise be a dull time. The memories our pets give us are irreplaceable and special. It’s impossible to imagine a life without a fond pet memory popping into existence.
“Animals are such agreeable friends. They ask no questions; they pass no criticisms.” - George Eliot
How To Celebrate National Pet Parent Day
Flower Your Pet With Love
It’s always great to find an excuse to flower our pets with more love, and this is a great holiday for that. Now, remember, this is your day too! So make sure to find fun activities to do with your pet that you both love. And there is no shame in kicking back, relaxing, and snuggling up with your pet for a good movie.
Post Pictures Of Yourself And Your Pet Online
You should be proud to be a pet parent, and who doesn’t love seeing pictures of adorable pets! So make sure to take some pictures and show your furbabies off on social media.
The Pet Parent Life Has Never Been So Easy
We own our pets so much, especially the ones who work hard to make our lives easier. That’s why we are celebrating ways to give back to our pets and, in the spirit of the holiday, ways to treat yourself as well!
When your dog’s smell is getting a little too offensive, it’s time to give your nose a breather. And our Whole Foods-Approved shampoos do just. Your dog will love the soothing anti-itch benefits and you’re rewarded with a pup whose coat smells delightful and is incredibly soft to the touch. Perfect for cuddles!
And, of course, to not forget our lovely felines, cat parents will be excited to hear about catnip spray with CBD. CBD can help with aches and pain, poor mobility, rampant inflammation, and chronic nervousness. By infusing it with catnip, we’ve created an irresistible aid that gives you the ability to take your cat’s health into your own hands.